Thursday, October 4, 2007

The 1st Annual Big Bad Beastie Contest!

Because it's Halloween season and because I love monsters, I have decided to launch the 1st Annual Paper Beats All Big Bad Beastie Contest! For the month of October, I will be taking submissions for Big Bad Beasties. You come up with an idea, I draw it, and at the end of the month we'll have a little vote on the best one. The proud mommy or daddy of the beastie wins a prize!

So without further ado, I'm very proud to unveil the first (of hopefully many) Beastie!

The idea was submitted by Mr. J.T. Trollman who wrote: I want a monster based on a Puffin -- but with tentacles for feet, and an over-sized beak with serrated edges.

Very interesting, Mr. Trollman. The challenge here was to combine the endearing features of an aquatic bird with a disgusting octopus. I'm pretty pleased with this one.


Keep those ideas coming! :)

1 comment:

Natasha Jacob said...

tammy, what a brilliant idea. here is my beastie dream, expressed in a grab-bag of keywords. hope it suffices:
- cycloptic lizard
- tiny scales
- stunted, can't fly for crap wings
- large talons
- smiling stupidly