Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sleeper Beastie

Mike wrote:
When I sleep, there’s a little beastie who hangs out near the inner corner of my left eye. He’s very small, and I think he eats a good bit of cheese nips because when I wake up, I always find crumbs in my eye crevice. I’ve never seen him because I’m always asleep when he visits. Most likely he’s kinda fat and has orange fingertips. Tammy, you might have a better idea of what he looks like.

Oh yes, I've seen this beastie before. Late one night right as I was drifting off, I actually saw him roll out of nowhere and attempt to crawl up my face. As it turns out, his job is to direct counting sheep all over the world. It's a pretty grueling job if you think about it. The only free time he gets is right after you fall asleep, when he indulges himself in cheese crackers and bad romance novels. He said he'll try to be tidier next time, but isn't making any promises.

3 comments:

crogoff said...

cute!!

Dave Rinehart said...

best yet!! though the fingertips should be oranger. Also, I think you should explain the look of mischief on his face while reading that bad romance novel...what's cheesenip eye-crevice beastie thinking about anyway, that's what I want to know. Thought bubble contest branch-off??

Mike Guyer said...

Finally! Now I know what that damn thing looks like. I'm glad that you were able to catch him in the act, and I had no idea he was a trashy novel lover. Who knew? I hope all he does is eat cheese nips, the love novel makes me nervous.